Saturday 31 December 2011

Year End Greetings to All!



"Pedal faster Heinrich, pedal faster - we have to be in England by dawn!" - or something to that effect, anyway....

Just wanted to offer my thanks and appreciation to all those who stuck with the rather slow and spotty progress of the Blog during 2011, and particularly those who signed up as Followers or offered comments on what I was up to.

Various circumstances have meant that I have been unable to offer either miniatures/project work or the Blog much attention over the last six months or so, and I realise that what has appeared is largely as a result of the interest shown by regular readers serving as inspiration, so a hearty thanks to you all.

There is, as always, a lot on the back burner planned for the near future, but I don't want to be making promises I can't keep, so I'll just close the year by wishing everyone a happy and miniatures-filled New Year, and hope to see you all again in 2012!

5 comments:

  1. Hi SoS,

    Here's to a uplifting 2012 and hopefully a peaceful an prosperous one!

    Looking forward to the new SoS adventures!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SoS,

    I almost forgot - love the picture!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DC, and all the very best to you to Sir!

    Yes it is a great card, isn't it - an original postcard from a photographer's studio of some German Kameraden just pre-WWI - the name on the plane, 'Heuberg' refers, I think, to a military camp in Baden- Wurttemburg - so I guess a souvenir photo for a group of mates in the army - a funny image - but it also got me thinking about how they might have fared in the coming conflict - not much time for larking about once the aeroplanes became real...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very Happy New Year, sir. And looking forward to more of your Pre-Dreadnought posts . . . and perhaps some of your "Boxer era" naval battles.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete